- Connect to your router.
- Open your connection status> open details>look at your IPv4 Address. For example my IPV4 is 192.168.43.14 (see image). Please note yours somewhere.
- Close the details. Go to properties(see image below) > go to the properties of TCP/IPv4> Select use the following IP address. Now take the IPv address you noted from details and remove the last digits and replace it with 10>press Tab(automatically enters 255.255 etc in subnet mask> press Tab again> in Default Gateway enter the same IP address only replace the last digits with 1. Now enter the same IP manually in DNS (see image)
- Click advanced
- Click Add> In IP Address enter the IP Address of your ROUTER only replace last digits with 10 (see image). My router has IP of 192.168.0.1, so I have entered 192.168.0.10.
Now save all the settings. If windows prompts for any error click Ok.
- This should work now. If not go to step 7.
- Windows has a strange problem. Very often when you have made these settings. Internet access and router access does not happen. This is because windows removes the IP from default gateway automatically. All you have to do is go to the properties of TCPIPv4 and enter the default gateway again.
- You are good to go now.